Friday, July 28, 2006

In Piyon

We are here, settled in Piyon, where this friendly blanc set us up with wireles sinternet on Megan's laptop, which is especially nice of him.

We made it back safely from the Dominican Republic after being grabbed this way and that on the Haiti side of the border. We finally had to jump on a motorcycle and get out of the mess. But we mad eit back to Twodino where we spent two more days before hitting the whiplash backbreaking road to Piyon.

In Piyon, we are staying in this religious brain washing camp that makes really good canned corn.

As requested, here are some more pictures.


This is a fisherman who just came out with his catch. We walked to the coast from our hotel only to find that only fishermen hang out there so we had to coger un taxi to swim.

Another picture of the beach. We had the best Bacalao to this little beach cafe. I can't get enough now. Though I can't find it in Haiti either. So I guess its back to goat.

This is Megan with Mari, the duena of our hotel who took us shopping our first day and showed us where we could use the internet. This picture is taken in our new outfits before we went out dancing.

Ok! Now that I have internet I hope I can share more pictures.

Love!

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates!! I'm glad y'all made it there (DR) and back safely!!! It seems like you had quite an adventure!!!! I must say that I am quite jealous of both of you since, at the moment, I am working move-in for law students, alone. Keep up the hardwork and get back safely!!!!!!!!!!
love, meganb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home