Monday, June 26, 2006

Last days in Gonayiv

Our job here at Fonkoze is to enter all of the account information into this new software called Loan Performer. This means we have to take a completely manual system and put it on the computer. So I'm sure you can only imagine the number of files we have to go through, calculating interest and trying to decipher the spelling of names in Creole so we can type them accurately on the computer. Its really a very boring job.

Everyone here is getting cabin fever. We got to go out last night which was really fun. Clubbing and salsa dancing with our chaperones who are pretty much our drivers here. It was a good relaxing way to unwind after sitting in a chair for hours. Mostly we are at the computer for a number of hours a day. And by number, I mean 12 hours a day entering information. And this is only the first branch we have been to.

The internet has been spotty, but I have managed to take some pictures. Maybe later when our connection is a little stronger I’ll have more.

After this, I will be heading to Gwomon and then to Twodino to enter some more computer information.

This is the market outside of our hotel. There is this women that lives below us that carries bags and bags of goods on her head every day to sell.


That's all I can get for now. Until later.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude! Wow sounds like you're having some really cool experiences! Good for you! I had to laugh about the metal breakdown and not looking at another number! good stuff! That's probably how I would have gotten too. The mountain pic is awesome! I printed out pics last night of my b-day and your grad night! They're funny! Anyway I'm glad you're having fun! Take care and I look forward to reading more stuff!!

~Lea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home