Saturday, June 10, 2006

The week before

Hello all!

I'm glad you are interested in my adventures in Haiti. I wanted to provide you all with a short description of what I will be doing in there with Fonkoze. Bare with me, I'm not a great speller, but I'm sure it will be interesting, especially if I get some nice pictures to post.

I'm flying to Haiti on June 20th with four friends from Global Outreach at Fordham University. Or job in Haiti is to update the software Fonkoze uses to keep track of clients and their loans. We will be transefering data from Emerge to Loan Performer. I will be with these volunteers for the first month.

The first week we will spend in port au Prince learning the computer software, Loan Performer. This software was developed in Uganda specifically for microfinance institutions to keep track of their loan clients. If you don't know about microfinance or would like to know more about it, or Fonkoze in general, you can visit our website, www.fonkoze.org.

For the next three weeks we will be travelling in pairs to a number of branches throughout Haiti to asess their technological capabilities and update their data.

The volunteers will return to the states on the 15th, but I will be staying on until September 7th to finish up the transfer.

I hope to provide you all with more information as things go along. So keep checking!

I'll be available through email and I would love to hear from you and see how things are going while I'm gone.

Until then, m ale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home