Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A new surprise

So guess what kids? Looks like i'm going to be in this city for a few more days. We just found out that we are going to have to enter 5,000 more files into the computer. It would be fine if there were more things to do in this city. But at least I'm not getting sunburned.

We did get a tour today. One of our group has family here in Gonayiv and her cousin took us around town on the back of his truck. We got to see the bus station and the public hospice and his house. It was pretty cool. I just wish we could have homestays so that I could learn more Creole. When I don't know another language I freak out and start speaking Spanish.

Tonight we are having a 21st birthday party in the lobby of our hotel. The manager is buying her a bottle of rum and we get to set up the music. Which is cool because we have a pretty large group of people to hang out with every day. Our chaperones are teaching us how to dance salsa and Konpa, which is real kind of crazy when you watch it.

I think I said this, but last night I had a complete mental shut down and could not look at another number. I hope when I come back to the states I can still create a coherant thought. Though it might be in Creole.

Here's more pictures from our hotel including the view of the mountain (totally void of trees) and the house outside my window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home